forrest-user mailing list archives

From Rasik Pandey <rbpan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: change color of page.gif and current.gif in forrest 0.6 pelt menu
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 01:26:53 GMT
Hi Maurice,

Thanks for your response.

> I think it is the change in background color that makes the two uses of
> these images look like different colors, but page.gif is only one color
> in both cases. To see the menu with a white background (temporarily) I put
>
> #menu { background-color: #FFFFFF;}
>
> in profile.css (as the last background-color for this class).

Yes, with a white background-color, I can see the images in their original
color. But, when I change the menu color to my color #310000 the image
colors return to the standard light-blue from the pelt skin style. You can
see the problem here http://www.discountdracula.com.

> One could
> achieve the same thing via skinconf.xml by setting
>
> <color name="menu" value="#FFFFFF" font="#ffffff" link="#ffffff"
> vlink="#ffffff" hlink="#ffffff" />

No luck with this approach either.

> If you have other images you prefer, you can indeed set them in
> skinconf.xml using the "extra-css" section. For instance, to use
> "label.gif" (the little open twisty used to show open submenus) instead
> of "current.gif" I inserted:
>
> <extra-css>
>
> #menu .menuitem {
> background-image: url('images/page.gif');
> background-repeat: no-repeat;
> background-position: center left;
> margin-left: 10px;
> }
>
> #menu .menupage {
> margin: 5px 0px 5px 10px;
> padding: 0px 3px 0px 12px;
> background-image: url('images/label.gif');
> background-repeat: no-repeat;
> background-position: top left;
> }
> .minitoc {
> list-style-image: url('images/label.gif');
> font-weight: normal;
> }
>
> </extra-css>

I was hoping to avoid this, but it may be my last resort...

Regards,
Rus Pandey
http://www.discountdracula.com