forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem with site.xml and menu for hidden items
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:17:10 GMT
Mickael Remond wrote:
> Hello David,
>
> David Crossley wrote:
>
>> As well as the reference that Diwaker provided, also look
>> at the forrest/site-author for our site.xml
>> e.g. the "tools" section. Something like this might
>> do the trick ...
>>   <release label="Release notes" href="releases/"
>> description="Latest release notes">
>>     <index href="index.html"/>
>>     <release2 href="release_0.9.1.html"/>
>>     <release1 href="release_0.9.html"/>
>>   </release>
>

> Thank you for your help.
> I already tried this approach in the site.xml file, but in this case the
> index.html, release_0.9.1.html and release_0.9.html file are not
> generated. The reference to "release/" in the release tag is not
> sufficient to trigger the inclusion of index.html in the global sitemap
> and thus the dependant files are not generated.
> Maybe if an option could force the generation of pages in sitemap, even
> if they have no label on it ...

I missed the first part of this thread. Can you please explain why you
want to have items in your navigation tree with no label, it seems kind
of useless since no one will be able to see the navigation link and
therefore will not be able to use it.

Perhaps if we better understood your use case we could help.

Ross