forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: accessing external config files in the custom sitemap
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:54:09 GMT
Glen Tulin wrote:

>>>I need to access external config files within my custom sitemap.xmap --
>>>either forrest.properties or skinconf.xml.
>>>
>>>  <map:pipeline>
>>>   <map:match pattern="my_pattern.xml">
>>>    <map:generate src="my.xml"/>
>>>    <map:transform src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/my-to-doc.xsl">
>>>        <map:parameter name="my_parameter_for_my_xsl" value="xxx"/>
>>>    </map:transform>
>>>    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>>>   </map:match>
>>>  </map:pipeline>
>>>
>>>What should I have instead of xxx in order to get parameter from either
>>>forrest.properties or skinconf.xml?
>

>>For values in forrest.properties use {forrest:PROPERTY_NAME} (see the
>>*.xmap files in FORREST_HOME/main/webapp for examples.
>

>>For skinconf.xml you would not pass the value from the sitemap like
>>this. You would access the value from within your transformation. See
>>the pelt skin XSLT's for examples.
>
> Yes, I know how to use $config in the SKIN xslt's  -- like <xsl:value-of
> select="$config/year"/>. Apparently the $config variable is defined when
> Forrest is appyling a skin. But I am asking about my own xslt that gets
> executed before Forrest default sitemap. I guess that at first Cocoon
> processes my custom xmap ($config is not initialized yet) that transforms my
> xml to document-v20 xdoc and then Cocoon process the Forrest xmap ($config
> is initialized).

$config is only a normal XSLT parameter. If you look in the skins XSLT
you will see how it is initialised, for example:

in
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/forrest/trunk/main/webapp/skins/common/xslt/html/site2xhtml.xsl?rev=161829

you can see:

<xsl:variable name="config" select="//skinconfig"/>

and in
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/trunk/main/webapp/sitemap.xmap?rev=209820&view=markup

you can see:

       <map:match pattern="**/*.html">
         <map:aggregate element="site">
           <map:part src="cocoon:/skinconf.xml"/>
           <map:part src="cocoon:/build-info"/>
           <map:part src="cocoon:/{1}/tab-{2}.html"/>
           <map:part src="cocoon:/{1}/menu-{2}.html"/>
           <map:part src="cocoon:/{1}/body-{2}.html"/>
         </map:aggregate>
         <map:call resource="skinit">
           <map:parameter name="type" value="site2xhtml"/>
           <map:parameter name="path" value="{0}"/>
         </map:call>
       </map:match>