forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: accessing external config files in the custom sitemap
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2005 21:53:25 GMT
Glen Tulin wrote:
> I need to access external config files within my custom sitemap.xmap --
> either forrest.properties or skinconf.xml.
>
>   <map:pipeline>
>    <map:match pattern="my_pattern.xml">
>     <map:generate src="my.xml"/>
>     <map:transform src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/my-to-doc.xsl">
>         <map:parameter name="my_parameter_for_my_xsl" value="xxx"/>
>     </map:transform>
>     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>    </map:match>
>   </map:pipeline>
>
> What should I have instead of xxx in order to get parameter from either
> forrest.properties or skinconf.xml?

For values in forrest.properties use {forrest:PROPERTY_NAME} (see the
*.xmap files in FORREST_HOME/main/webapp for examples.

For skinconf.xml you would not pass the value from the sitemap like
this. You would access the value from within your transformation. See
the pelt skin XSLT's for examples.

Ross