forrest-user mailing list archives

From Maurice Lanselle <lanselle.als...@evc.net>
Subject Re: change color of page.gif and current.gif in forrest 0.6 pelt menu
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2005 08:16:50 GMT
Rasik Pandey said the following on 08/07/2005 08:31:

>Hello,
>I was wondering if there was a simple way to change the color of the
>small gifs for each item in the menu under the pelt skin of forrest
>0.6. It seems as if the page.gif is represented in two colors, a light
>blue in the "menu" and a light grey in the "mini-toc". Is this a
>simple css change in skinconf.xml.
>
>Thanks,
>Rus

I think it is the change in background color that makes the two uses of
these images look like different colors, but page.gif is only one color
in both cases.  To see the menu with a white background (temporarily) I put

#menu      { background-color: #FFFFFF;}

in profile.css (as the last background-color for this class).  One could
achieve the same thing via skinconf.xml by setting

    <color name="menu" value="#FFFFFF" font="#ffffff" link="#ffffff"
vlink="#ffffff" hlink="#ffffff"  />

If you have other images you prefer, you can indeed set them in
skinconf.xml using the "extra-css" section.  For instance, to use
"label.gif" (the little open twisty used to show open submenus) instead
of "current.gif" I inserted:

 <extra-css>

#menu .menuitem {
        background-image: url('images/page.gif');
        background-repeat: no-repeat;
        background-position: center left;
        margin-left: 10px;
}

#menu .menupage {
        margin: 5px 0px 5px 10px;
        padding: 0px 3px 0px 12px;
        background-image: url('images/label.gif');
        background-repeat: no-repeat;
        background-position: top left;
}
.minitoc {
    list-style-image: url('images/label.gif');
    font-weight: normal;
}

  </extra-css>