forrest-user mailing list archives

From Addi <a...@rocktreesky.com>
Subject Re: capturing error output
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 22:31:26 GMT
Diwaker Gupta wrote:

>>Apparently Forrest doesn't like the 2&> "target".  Output using the
>>regular > comes back successful.  Any ideas how to get around that?  I
>>am writing a cron to build forrest each night and email me the error
>>output if the build fails so I can check into it.  Since the 2&> makes
>>every build fail, it emails me everytime, even if the build really was
>>successful.  I was hoping it maybe gave a unique exit code but it gives
>>the same as a broken link, so I can't use that to filter this particular
>>error out.
>>

>You might want to consider using Forrestbot
>(http://forrest.apache.org/tools/forrestbot.html) -- its flexible and
>powerful, can work over SSH, FTP; use CVS/SVN and send you emails with
>build results (http://forrest.apache.org/tools/forrestbot.html#notify.email)

Thanks for pointing me there Diwaker.  I banged my head for a while
because I was a bit confused, but then I stumbled upon the correct,
magically aligned buildfile and it worked like a charm.  I may have some
mods to the documentation on that, for dummies like me.  I will have to
play with this some more tomorrow.

- Addi