forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: user@forrest.apache.org forrest 0.7 build a plugin problem index.html BROKEN: The string "--" is not permitted within comments.
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 07:57:32 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Paul.Divine@alcatel.fr wrote:

>>Then I reduced the site.xml to a minimum ...
>

> But you reduced the site.xml to a completely empty file.
>

>>...but I still have
>>
>>index.html        BROKEN: The string "--" is not permitted within
>>comments.

Forrest has to start indexing from somewhere, by default that is
index.html, reducing site.xml to nothing will make no difference if you
have an error in index.xml.

I believe your index.xml file is not valid due to an edit you have made.

> I will try to find time to following the procedure myself.

David, to save you some time, I built a test plugin yesterday when I
first saw this report. I followed the How_To and it all worked fine for me.

Paul, please start again, but before editing anything do 'ant test' it
should (and does on my system) work without any problems. Once you know
you have a working plugin then try copying your index.html file from the
broken one into the new one. Does it still work?

This will at least confirm or disprove my suspicions.

Ross