forrest-user mailing list archives

From "Paterline, David L." <pater...@westinghouse.com>
Subject question about differences between versions of forrest
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 20:43:10 GMT
Hi -

I have been trying to recreate a web site previously created by someone who
has left the company, and in doing so, noticed differences between the
appearance of the site when generated by different versions of Forrest. I'd
like to know if this is to be expected, or whether I have something wrong in
my installation of Forrest.

The site was originally created by Forrest 0.5.1. I'm using the latest
version, Forrest 0.7, in my latest builds. I couldn't understand why my
latest build appeared differently, so I've built the site using the two
versions of Forrest. I used Forrest 0.5.1 in the first build, and Forrest
0.7 in the next. I'm running both builds on Windows XP.

Some of the differences I see are:
- with Forrest 0.7, html appears in a smaller font, and
- with Forrest 0.7, the "Font size: -a +a Reset" feature doesn't appear
- with Forrest 0.7, the corners on the tabs of my index.html page have black
squares and are not rounded
- with Forrest 0.5.1, colored bars appear below section titles, in 0.7, they
don't
- with Forrest 0.7, the PDF files contents are not centered in the file,
they butt against the left edge of the 'page'
- with Forrest 0.7, I get a lot of error messages like "BROKEN: No pipeline
matched request: rpa_docs/RPA_User_Note_2.doc" that don't appear in the
Forrest 0.5.1 log

These are the main things I notice, but there may be more.

This leads me to question whether I have installed Forrest 0.7 correctly, or
whether there may be some plugins or addins that need to be installed along
with 0.7. Or, am I way off here, and there is something else at play?

In general, the site build with 0.5.1 looks better, and I would like to be
able to reproduce the appearance using the latest version of Forrest.

Appreciate any suggestions or explanations.

Thanks.

-
David L. Paterline
Principal Engineer