forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem with site.xml and menu for hidden items
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:49:25 GMT
Mickael Remond wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been using Forrest for a while but there is still one thing that
> I do not understand and that I found annoying.
> I build a site.xml file. This file contains menu entry that are not show
> (no label attributes). The upper level is shown and provides links in
> the content to the lower level that are not show.
>
> Now, when I click on this not shown sublevel, all the menu entry are
> shown, and not only the menu part for the portion of the site I am
> currently browsing. This is strange as parent level menu is properly
> displayed, but now hidden menu entry, as if Forrest could not know where
> to place page in the menu hierarchy. It is behaving nearly the same as
> if the unshown menu entry was not at all defined in the site.xml file.
>
> Do you have any idea of why this is happening ?
> Any workaround idea ?
>
> I am using Forrest 0.6.

I cannot understand what your problem is. This document was enhanced
for forrest-0.7 to provide some tips ...

http://forrest.apache.org/docs/linking.html#tab-site
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/linking.html#selecting-entries

If you still have trouble, then create an issue in our Issue Tracker
and attach a screenshot to help explain your problem.

-David