forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: easy wincvs updates
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2005 01:54:43 GMT
Sean Hower wrote:

> ---------------------------
> David Crossley  wrote:
> Sean, when you do 'forrest', does it generate the files directly into
> your cvs working copy, rather than generating into the build/site/
> directory then copying the files over? Or perhaps you have build/site/
> actually checked into CVS?
> ---------------------------
> It's generating into the build/site/ directory and then I'm copying over the files. Which
I'm okay with doing, I was just hoping that there would be a better way of doing this...you
know, so that I don't miss a file, or forget to copy over, or whatever other little mistake
humans can make.

I just copy over everything, e.g. on UNIX:
cp -Rf build/site/* ../../forrest-site
In that way i don't miss any new or updated files.
Actually before i do the copy, i check the differences
diff -rq build/site ./../forrest-site
which also reveals any files that should be deleted from
the published site.

-David