forrest-user mailing list archives

From Sean Hower <hokumh...@freehomepage.com>
Subject easy wincvs updates
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 21:40:12 GMT

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this or not, but I thought I'd start here.

We're using WinCVS and I've got my Forrest site checked in. Now, when I update and generate,
Forrest is overwriting all existing files. So, if I make a change to one file and regenerate,
I have to check in all files. This, of course, is no fun and I want a better way to handle
update checkins.

The simple way to avoiding this is obvious, just copy the changed files only into CVS. But
I'm wondering if there is a more automated way to handle this. Does anyone else use CVS with
Forrest and how have you set up your environment for version control? Does Forrest have a
setting to only generate those source files that have changed?

I'm pretty new to both CVS and Apache so if there is an obvious answer that I've missed, sorry.

Thanks in advance.

Sean Hower - tech writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com