forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <>
Subject Re: easy wincvs updates
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 22:48:35 GMT
On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 14:40 -0700, Sean Hower wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this or not, but I thought I'd start here.
> We're using WinCVS and I've got my Forrest site checked in. Now, when I update and generate,
Forrest is overwriting all existing files. So, if I make a change to one file and regenerate,
I have to check in all files. This, of course, is no fun and I want a better way to handle
update checkins.

Hmm, you are using cvs for your cooperate site, right? I ask because
forrest is using SVN (which *not* the same)! I am not using wincvs so I
do not know whether is possible for SVN as well but I imagine (the name
winCVS) that no.

The automate way would be done by the forrestbot that Ross mentioned in
his other post.

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

View raw message