forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: user@forrest.apache.org forrest 0.7 build a plugin problem index.html BROKEN: The string "--" is not permitted within comments.
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 15:09:12 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 16:26 +0200, Paul.Divine@alcatel.fr wrote:
>
>>Thanks for the reponse, the ANT_HOME variable was not cleared.
>>
>>Now I have the following result.
>>
>>index.html        BROKEN: The string "--" is not permitted within
>>comments.
>>changes.html
>>todo.html
>>

> you *cannot* use something like:
> <!--comment -- bla -->
>
> Please look in your files and find '--'/replace '-'.

This also happens sometimes when you have not propoerly closed a comment
and so a comment appears in side a comment. For example:

<!-- incorrectly closed comment ->
<anElement>withContent</anElement>
<1-- another comment -->

If you use an XML editor it will spot these errors for you.

>>In the given plugin I did find any changes.xml or todo.xml files to
>>serve as exemple.

They are generated from status.xml, see the projectINfo plugin for details.

Ross