forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: user@forrest.apache.org forrest 0.7 automatic plug-in download problem
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 14:34:16 GMT
Petr Pošík wrote:
> Hi, once again.
>
> Would it be a problem to include all plugins (or the basic ones, if their
> size is an issue) in the forrest distribution package? Users which do not
> have internet connection then could use forrest too. Or, perhaps, two
> distributions of forrest could be provided - including and excluding
> plugins.

One of the reasons for having plugins is to minimise the download size
and install footprint of Forrest. Furthermore, some plugins are not
hosted by Forrest as they are license incompatible with the ASF license.
Therefore, we cannot bundle them with Forrest.

What we could do is create a separate bundle of all the ASF plugins so
that you could download them in one go. Would this help?

With respect to "users without Internet connections", I'm not sure what
you mean here, if they don't have an Internet connection they can't get
Forrest anyway (unless someone burns a CD for them, in which case the
above plugin bundle will do the job).

Ross