forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: user@forrest.apache.org forrest 0.7 automatic plug-in download problem
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:38:13 GMT
Paul.Divine@alcatel.fr wrote:

> Hi,
> I used forrest 0.6 and it woks fine. So I'd like to go to version 0.7.
>
> I have updated the forrest.properties file with the proxy.host
> proxy.port values.
> When I try to start forrest .07 I have on the screen indications that it
> fails to download the plug-ins.
>
>  fetch-plugins-descriptors:
> Fetching plugins descriptor: http://forrest.apache.org/plugins/plugins.xml
> Getting: http://forrest.apache.org/plugins/plugins.xml
> Error opening connection java.io.IOException
> Error opening connection java.io.IOException
> Error opening connection java.io.IOException
>

> I suppose it is an authentication problem, because I work inside the
> intranet behind a proxy
> and the rule is when somebody wants to look outside he should give name
> and authenticate with a password
> .

If your proxy uses http basic authentication we could add the facility
to provide a username and password in your user properties file. If this
will be of use please raise an issue on our issue tracker.

> Should I first, by hand download files and then let forrest install the
> plug-ins,
> or should I all manually install the plus-ins (and how),
> or there is  another solution?

You can manually install the plugins you need by downloading the zip
files you need (their locations are indicated at
http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_70/index.html These zips
should be unpacked into FORREST_HOME/build/plugins

Ross