forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest 0.7 needs to be online when compiling new site?
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:31:14 GMT
Petr Pošík wrote:
> I am a forrest newbie. I started to play with it a few days ago.
> My first question is in the subject:
>
> Does Forrest 0.7 require the system to be connected to internet?

Only on the very first building of a site that requires a plugin that is
not yet installed. In this case Forrest downloads any plugins that are
required.

However, once they are downloaded and installed they will be reused on
subsequent builds. The only time they will need to be downloaded again
is either:

a) you delete the installed plugins (in FORREST_HOME/build/plugins)

or

b) you request a different version of the plugin

For more info on plugins see
http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_70/index.html

Ross