forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: pagination in forrest 0.7
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 20:26:54 GMT
Rasik Pandey wrote:
> I guess this question is better for the forrest-dev list, but if you
> guys think this kind of functionality is interesting for larger use
> can you give me a overview of the process need to implement such a
> feature? I assume I would need to:
>
> 1) have a new element or edit an existing element in the skinconf.xml
> file (+a schema change) to parameterize the behavior
> 2) editing a sitemap or plugging in a new paging.xmap into the forrest
> sitemap.xmap or one of its sub-sitemaps
> 3) edit the build.xml and properties to get this done and for testing
> the functionality?
> etc.

One of the very early versions of Forrest had pagination enabled,
somehow, it was later turned off because of problems. I can'r remember
exactly how it was implemented or why it was turned off.

A detailed search of the archives may turn somehitng up. My quick search
unearthed this thread [1] which seems to discuss how to use the
paginator in Forrest.

Don't be put off by the fact the first mail starts with the tutorial now
in Cocoon docs, there is some forrest specific stuff at the end. Also,
bear in mind this is three years ago now so positions of files may well
have changed, the paginator may have been enhanced, even the function of
files may have changed. We can help you get up to date on the dev list.

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=102336939500003&r=1&w=

Ross