forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: adding html content below menu
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 21:30:01 GMT
Rasik Pandey wrote:
> i am using pelt skin from forrest 0.6 and would like to add some html
> content in the space/column below the menu. has anyone done this or
> would any of you have a pointer to a resource on how to do this?

I believe the only way to do this in the 0.6 release is to add it to a
custom skin.

In 0.7 (being released almost as I type) there is a new Message of the
Day feature that allows you to do this, see
http://forrest.apache.org/docs_0_70/index.html for an example (in this
example it also appears on the upper right of the page, but you can turn
that off).

The MOTD can be changed on a per directory basis, see skinconf.xml from
a 0.7 "seed" site for configuration details.

As the name suggests it was created for a different purpose but it may
serve your needs.

Ross