forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: adding html content below menu
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 21:30:01 GMT
Rasik Pandey wrote:
> i am using pelt skin from forrest 0.6 and would like to add some html
> content in the space/column below the menu. has anyone done this or
> would any of you have a pointer to a resource on how to do this?

I believe the only way to do this in the 0.6 release is to add it to a
custom skin.

In 0.7 (being released almost as I type) there is a new Message of the
Day feature that allows you to do this, see for an example (in this
example it also appears on the upper right of the page, but you can turn
that off).

The MOTD can be changed on a per directory basis, see skinconf.xml from
a 0.7 "seed" site for configuration details.

As the name suggests it was created for a different purpose but it may
serve your needs.

View raw message