forrest-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Addi <a...@rocktreesky.com>
Subject Re: Need help getting DocBook working
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 00:22:06 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> Addi wrote:
>
>> Ross Gardler wrote:
>>
>>> Addi wrote:
>>
>>
>>
>> ...
>>
>>>> Once I get the WP DTD sorted out, I will be golden but related to 
>>>> the serializer issue, I added the serializer to my project sitemap 
>>>> using the cocoon example.  I am testing this separately from the 
>>>> DTD/plugin solution above and now I am getting the page (yeah!) but 
>>>> in raw xhtml, not skinned.  Is this related to the 0.7 raw html 
>>>> discussion that has been going on (that I didn't really follow)?  
>>>> I'm sorry that the whole process isn't really clear to me at this 
>>>> point so I have difficulty self-troubleshooting and I keep asking 
>>>> more questions everytime you answer.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> That's no problem. Soon you'll know the answers and will answer 
>>> other users questions. We all start somewhere.
>>>
>>> To skin the content you need to change the sitemap entry to to:
>>>
>>> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>>> <map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">
>>>  <map:pipelines>
>>>   <map:pipeline>
>>>    <map:match pattern="resolver-*.xml">
>>>     <map:generate src="{project:content.xdocs}resolver-{1}.xml"/>
>>>     <map:transform
>>>
>>> src="file:///usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets/xhtml/docbook.xsl"/> 
>>>
>>>     <map:transform src="{forrest:stylesheets}/html2document.xsl" />
>>>     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>>>    </map:match>
>>>   </map:pipeline>
>>>  </map:pipelines>
>>> </map:sitemap>
>>>
>>> The differences are that we are responding to a request for XML 
>>> rather than HTML now. Forrest makes a request for an xml document as 
>>> part of its resolving of HTML requests. That request will come here, 
>>> we generate XHTMl using the docbook stylesheets, then we convert 
>>> that to XDoc then the calling pipeline does the skinning.
>>>
>>> There is a pretty good description of this process (from a 
>>> differentuse case) in 
>>> http://forrest.apache.org/0.7/docs/howto/howto-custom-html-source.html#Understanding%20the%20HTML-Pipeline

>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Thanks for that, it definitely helped.  I am beginning to get a fuzzy 
>> picture of it now. :)
>>
>>>
>>> I *think* this will work but I've not tried it. Pleae let us know 
>>> how you get on, even if it doesn't work, I'll help you debug it 
>>> because this is something we have come across before now and have 
>>> hoped to test out.
>>
>>
>>
>> Well, I modified the sitemap and it didn't like the change.  I now 
>> get nothing with this:
>>    <map:pipelines>
>>      <map:pipeline>
>>       <map:match pattern="**wp.xml">
>>        <map:generate src="{project:content.xdocs}{1}wp.xml"/>
>>        <map:transform
>>          
>> src="file:///C:/xsl/docbook/docbook-xsl-1.68.1/xhtml/docbook.xsl"/>
>>        <map:transform src="{forrest:stylesheets}/html2document.xsl" />
>>        <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>>       </map:match>
>>      </map:pipeline>
>>    </map:pipelines>
>>
>> I realize that you are busy this week with the release and I am not 
>> in a rush to get this figured out, so we can come back to this when 
>> you have the time.  Thanks for your help.
>>
>
> Comment out the second transform, what do you see when requesting 
> "***wp.xml"

Did this and requesting **wp.xml with the first transform gives me de 
nada - blank, skinned page.

>
> There is currently a bug in html2document that results in no content 
> being displayed under certain conditions - 
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-394

I looked at this but I don't grasp it all enough for it to give me any 
insight.

BTW, related but aside, I finally talked to Corel Priority WordPerfect 
support and they agreed that they have a typo in their output but it is 
hardcoded in the app so I can't hack it.  They have notified the dev 
team, so hopefully future versions (or a patch) will incorporate the 
change.  So I will need to edit each WP "publish to XML" file and add 
the missing slash.  (I sense a script coming on...)  I'm not sure if 
this is really worth patching Forrest for since WP use is probably 
pretty limited.

- Addi


Mime
View raw message