forrest-user mailing list archives

From Addi <a...@rocktreesky.com>
Subject Re: Need help getting DocBook working
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 20:32:08 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> Addi wrote:

>> Once I get the WP DTD sorted out, I will be golden but related to the
>> serializer issue, I added the serializer to my project sitemap using
>> the cocoon example.  I am testing this separately from the DTD/plugin
>> solution above and now I am getting the page (yeah!) but in raw
>> xhtml, not skinned.  Is this related to the 0.7 raw html discussion
>> that has been going on (that I didn't really follow)?  I'm sorry that
>> the whole process isn't really clear to me at this point so I have
>> difficulty self-troubleshooting and I keep asking more questions
>> everytime you answer.
>

> That's no problem. Soon you'll know the answers and will answer other
> users questions. We all start somewhere.
>
> To skin the content you need to change the sitemap entry to to:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">
>  <map:pipelines>
>   <map:pipeline>
>    <map:match pattern="resolver-*.xml">
>     <map:generate src="{project:content.xdocs}resolver-{1}.xml"/>
>     <map:transform
>
> src="file:///usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets/xhtml/docbook.xsl"/>
>     <map:transform src="{forrest:stylesheets}/html2document.xsl" />
>     <map:serialize type="xml"/>
>    </map:match>
>   </map:pipeline>
>  </map:pipelines>
> </map:sitemap>
>
> The differences are that we are responding to a request for XML rather
> than HTML now. Forrest makes a request for an xml document as part of
> its resolving of HTML requests. That request will come here, we
> generate XHTMl using the docbook stylesheets, then we convert that to
> XDoc then the calling pipeline does the skinning.
>
> There is a pretty good description of this process (from a
> differentuse case) in
> http://forrest.apache.org/0.7/docs/howto/howto-custom-html-source.html#Understanding%20the%20HTML-Pipeline

Thanks for that, it definitely helped.  I am beginning to get a fuzzy
picture of it now. :)

> I *think* this will work but I've not tried it. Pleae let us know how
> you get on, even if it doesn't work, I'll help you debug it because
> this is something we have come across before now and have hoped to
> test out.

Well, I modified the sitemap and it didn't like the change.  I now get
nothing with this:
    <map:pipelines>
      <map:pipeline>
       <map:match pattern="**wp.xml">
        <map:generate src="{project:content.xdocs}{1}wp.xml"/>
        <map:transform

src="file:///C:/xsl/docbook/docbook-xsl-1.68.1/xhtml/docbook.xsl"/>
        <map:transform src="{forrest:stylesheets}/html2document.xsl" />
        <map:serialize type="xml"/>
       </map:match>
      </map:pipeline>
    </map:pipelines>

I realize that you are busy this week with the release and I am not in a
rush to get this figured out, so we can come back to this when you have
the time.  Thanks for your help.

- Addi