forrest-user mailing list archives

From Addi <a...@rocktreesky.com>
Subject Re: Need help getting DocBook working
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 18:27:08 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> Addi wrote:
>
>> Ross Gardler wrote:

>>> First of all, have you tried just using the simplified-docbook
>>> plugin? It will recognise the DTD and use the available stylesheets.
>>> For a lrge number of docbook files this produces good results.
>>

>> Yes, I did try the s-docbook plugin and I have s-docbook documents
>> rendering fine with it, but I get nothing when I use a docbook DTD.
>> I had peeked at the s-docbook plugin files and it *looked* like it
>> would do what I wanted since input.xmap had the docbook DTDs and the
>> xsl had book and chapter elements, so I tried that first but it
>> didn't give me anything when I built the site.
>

> Verify that the documenttype output by WordPerfect is matched by the
> simplified-docbook plugin. If the documenttype does not appear in the
> list of recognised DTD's you will need to add it to the plugin. There
> are a few examples in there already (see output.xmap)

Well then.  I had checked it before but this time I copied it from
input.xmap and pasted and it worked.  I went back to look more closely
and WP is missing one slash in the DTD.  They have -//OASIS/DTD DocBook
XML V4.2//EN vs. -//OASIS*//*DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN.  I have a call in
to Corel asking them tell me how to hack WP to output the correct DTD.

Once I get the WP DTD sorted out, I will be golden but related to the
serializer issue, I added the serializer to my project sitemap using the
cocoon example.  I am testing this separately from the DTD/plugin
solution above and now I am getting the page (yeah!) but in raw xhtml,
not skinned.  Is this related to the 0.7 raw html discussion that has
been going on (that I didn't really follow)?  I'm sorry that the whole
process isn't really clear to me at this point so I have difficulty
self-troubleshooting and I keep asking more questions everytime you answer.

Thanks
Addi