forrest-user mailing list archives

From Maurice Lanselle <lanselle.als...@evc.net>
Subject Re: Pelt skin details
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 08:20:29 GMT
Addi said the following on 09/06/2005 20:39:

> Maurice Lanselle wrote:
>
>> One more detail, also on the menu: the background-color on selected
>> menu items. This "bold black on light blue" does not seem to be
>> defined in the css:
>> #menu .menupagetitle {
>>        padding: 0px 0px 0px 6px;
>>        font-style : normal;
>>        border-style: solid;
>>        border-width: 1px;
>>        margin-right: 10px;
>> }
>> I would like to make it better match the rest of my color scheme.  It
>> is not horrible, but could be better.
>

> The colors for the toolbox are in profile.css (two separate lines
> about 15 lines apart).
>
> #menu .menupagetitle  { background-color: #12306C;}
> #menu .menupagetitle  { color: #000000;}
>
> That "selected menu items" box (menupagetitle) is referred to as the
> toolbox in skinconf.xml.  Currently pelt's skinconf only has the
> background color (color name="toolbox") . If you are using 0.7-dev, I
> have a patch (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-518) that adds
> the toolbox font to the skinconf for color group: Forrest so you can
> just change them there without mucking in the css directly if you use
> that color group.
>
> I originally hacked away at the css files to get the colors I needed
> but then I figured out how to use the skinconf file to set everything
> except the toolbox font and then did the patch so that I don't need to
> edit any css files for my color scheme.  (I do still edit the css to
> position the logo images the way I want with no searchbox to push the
> float:right to the left.)
>
> HTH
> Addi

Thanks for the clues!  I should have known there was still a file I
hadn't visited-- profile.css.xslt.  Now I see that, as you say,
for #menu .menupagetitle
  - Dialog font is used
  - toolbox backgroundcolor is used
I had ignored (commented out) these values in skinconf because they
seemed useless.  Now I have set them in skinconf and have the (pleasing)
result I wanted without changing anything in profile.css.xslt or screen.css.

And I, too, edit the css to position my logo image near center!

Thanks,
Maurice
    <color name="toolbox" value="#BFFFDF" font="#000000"/>
    <color name="dialog" value="#E5D9E4" font="#BF5F1F"/>