forrest-user mailing list archives

From Addi <a...@rocktreesky.com>
Subject Re: Need help getting DocBook working
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 00:04:30 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:

> Addi wrote:
>
>> I'll preface this with the fact I do not understand sitemaps and
>> while I have been trying to wrap my head around it for two days, I
>> have way too much other stuff going on to figure them out beyond the
>> basic concept.  In order to really make my pitch to my boss to use
>> Forrest I need to be able to use WordPerfect docs with it.
>> WordPerfect does publish to XML, but using the DocBook DTD, not
>> Simplified DocBook.
>

> First of all, have you tried just using the simplified-docbook plugin?
> It will recognise the DTD and use the available stylesheets. For a
> lrge number of docbook files this produces good results.

Yes, I did try the s-docbook plugin and I have s-docbook documents
rendering fine with it, but I get nothing when I use a docbook DTD.  I
had peeked at the s-docbook plugin files and it *looked* like it would
do what I wanted since input.xmap had the docbook DTDs and the xsl had
book and chapter elements, so I tried that first but it didn't give me
anything when I built the site.  (The DTD itself and the book and
chapter elements are the only things in these files that are not
s-docbook.)  If I change the DTD to simplified, change book to article
and delete chapter elements, it renders fine. Any ideas on what to look
at to figure out why s-docbook plugin isn't doing it for me?

>>  I tried following the faq
>> (http://forrest.apache.org/0.7/docs/faq.html#docbook) about using
>> DocBook but I don't really get it all.  I do have Norman Walsh's
>> DocBook stylesheets and I put them into
>> PROJECT_HOME\src\documentation\resources\stylesheets.

>> It fails at linkmap.html with a long bunch of treeprocessor stuff,
>> and this BROKEN message:
>> URI not found: Type 'xhtml' does not exist for 'map:serialize' at
>> file: PROJECT_HOME/src/documentation/sitemap.xmap:9:34
>

>> You need to define the xhtml serializer used in <map:serialize
>> type="xhtml"/> in the components section of the sitemap.
>>
>> See
>> http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/serializers/xhtml-serializer.html
>> for the elements you need to add to define this component. You can
>> see examples in the FORREST_HOME/main/webapp/sitemap.xmap

Excellent, thanks for that. Looks simple enough.
Addi