forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need help getting DocBook working
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 22:09:11 GMT
Addi wrote:
> I'll preface this with the fact I do not understand sitemaps and while I
> have been trying to wrap my head around it for two days, I have way too
> much other stuff going on to figure them out beyond the basic concept.
> In order to really make my pitch to my boss to use Forrest I need to be
> able to use WordPerfect docs with it.  WordPerfect does publish to XML,
> but using the DocBook DTD, not Simplified DocBook.

First of all, have you tried just using the simplified-docbook plugin?
It will recognise the DTD and use the available stylesheets. For a lrge
number of docbook files this produces good results.

>  I tried following
> the faq (http://forrest.apache.org/0.7/docs/faq.html#docbook) about
> using DocBook but I don't really get it all.  I do have Norman Walsh's
> DocBook stylesheets and I put them into
> PROJECT_HOME\src\documentation\resources\stylesheets.
>
> With this sitemap.xmap (just following the example in the faq):
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <map:sitemap xmlns:map="http://apache.org/cocoon/sitemap/1.0">
> <map:pipelines>
>  <map:pipeline>
>   <map:match pattern="**wp.html">
>    <map:generate src="{project:content.xdocs}{1}wp.xml"/>
>    <map:transform
>      src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/docbook.xsl"/>
>    <map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
>   </map:match>
>  </map:pipeline>
> </map:pipelines>
> </map:sitemap>
>
> It fails at linkmap.html with a long bunch of treeprocessor stuff, and
> this BROKEN message:
> URI not found: Type 'xhtml' does not exist for 'map:serialize' at file:
> PROJECT_HOME/src/documentation/sitemap.xmap:9:34

You need to define the xhtml serializer used in <map:serialize
type="xhtml"/> in the components section of the sitemap.

See http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/serializers/xhtml-serializer.html
for the elements you need to add to define this component. You can see
examples in the FORREST_HOME/main/webapp/sitemap.xmap.

(I'll add this to the FAQ, thanks for pointing it out)

Ross