forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: change site directory
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2005 20:12:45 GMT
Sean Hower wrote:
> Hi. Newbie Forrest guy again.
> I was wondering if there was a way to change where Forrest puts the site folder when
it builds a project. I need to dump it into a distribution folder and not its default location.

Depends on exactly what you want to do. If you want the site folder to
appear in a different directory then you can change project.build-dir in
forrest.properties. The problem with this is that all build files will
appear in that location.

If you want to change the name of the root directory (i.e. something
other than site). Or if you only want the site to appear in the dist
directory then you will need to make some changes to Forrest. You can
hack a solution or you could add a new property to forrest.properties
called project.site-dir and use that.

Either way you need to make changes in
FORREST_HOME/main/webapp/forrest-build.xml look for:

<if>
         <equals arg1="${project.i18n}" arg2="true"/>
         <then>
           <property name="project.site-dir"
location="${project.build-dir}/site/${user.language}"    />
         </then>
         <else>
           <property name="project.site-dir"
location="${project.build-dir}/site"    />
         </else>
     </if>

If you do it the proper way (adding a property), please add the property to:

FORREST_HOME/main/webapp/default-forrest.properties

and in fresh-site/forrest.properties

make the default value what it is now, i.e. ${project.build-dir)/site

create a patch and add it to our issue tracker.

The extra effort will be worthwhile as it will mean you don't need to
hack your version of Forrest everytime you upgrade.

Ross