forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sitemap dot xmap sourcetyping
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 07:37:16 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Maurice Lanselle wrote:

..

>>2) How does one construct "AND" classification rules?
>>
>><sourcetype name="foo">
>>   <document-element local-name="foo"> && <document-element namespace="bar">
>></sourcetype>
>

> I don't know if that is possible or needed. Perhaps there is another way.
> It would be better if you provided an actual use-case.

Using your example from earlier in this thread, AND would be:

 >   <sourcetype name="foo">
 >     <document-element local-name="foo">
 >   </sourcetype>
 >   <sourcetype name="bar">
 >     <document-element namespace="bar">
 >   </sourcetype>
 >       <map:when test="foo">
 >        <map:transform
 >           src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/foobar2document.xsl" />
 >       </map:when>
 >       <map:when test="bar">
 >        <map:transform
 >           src="{project:resources.stylesheets}/foobar2document.xsl" />
 >       </map:when>

i.e. test for each individual action and duplicate the transform code.
What duplicate code - that is bad (I herar you shout). You are of course
correct, so the sitemap provides a thing called resources to allow the
duplicate code to be refactored out and replaced with a
<map:call-resource...

(note the above example was directly copied for the suggestion for OR,
obviously in an OR you would have different actions within the test)

See the simplified-docbook plugins input.xmap file for an example of the
use of resources like this.

Ross