forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JSPWiki and Forrest
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 11:59:26 GMT
christophe blin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have seen in the documentation that you are compatible with the
> jspwiki syntax for sources.
> So, I would like to know if someone has already setup this configuration
> (JSPWiki for writing the docs and Forrest to produce both HTML and PDF).
> If yes :
> - how to automatically "import" jspwiki pages into forrest ?
> - how to organize the pages in function of the wiki "structure" (i.e
> produce tabs.xml and site.xml in function of categories) ?
> - how to create one pdf per tab ? (there is the documentation but where
> are the .xsl)

Currently the JSPWiki format pages have to be copied into a standard
Forrest site. That is they are not pulled dynamically from the JSP wiki
application. If you are using 0.6 then there is a sample in a fresh
site. If you are using 0.7-dev then you will find the functionality in
the wiki plugin
http://forrest.apache.org/0.7/docs/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.wiki/

> The interest is to allow non technical people (i.e unfamiliar with xml)
> to write the doc but to have a professionnal render throught Forrest.

There are a number of initiatives in this direction at the moment. The
0.8 release will be able to publish content from a number of CMSs and
repository systems, currently being considered and experimented with is
a Daisy plugin (http://www.cocoondev.org/daisy ) a Lenya plugin
(http://lenya.apache.org ) and a Slide plugin
(http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/index.html )

We would be more than happy to work with you on a JSPWiki plugin
providing tighter integration than is currently possible. But we'll have
to do that over on the dev list. In order to do this you will need
reasonable XSLT skills and a knowledge of JSPWiki. We can help you
design the solution.

Ross