forrest-user mailing list archives

From Petr Pošík <po...@labe.felk.cvut.cz>
Subject Forrest 0.7 needs to be online when compiling new site?
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:06:54 GMT
Hi, folks!

I am a forrest newbie. I started to play with it a few days ago.
My first question is in the subject:

Does Forrest 0.7 require the system to be connected to internet?

I am running it on WinXP, SP2, Java 1.5. After unzipping and seeding a new
project I tried to compile a static site, but got a bunch of errors:

- cut
-
Apache Forrest.  Run 'forrest -projecthelp' to list options

Buildfile: C:\Apache\forrest\main\forrest.build.xml

check-java-version:
This is apache-forrest-0.7
Using Java 1.5 from C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_02\jre

init-plugins:
Copying 1 file to C:\P\WEB\forseed\build\tmp
Copying 1 file to C:\P\WEB\forseed\build\tmp
Copying 1 file to C:\P\WEB\forseed\build\tmp
Copying 1 file to C:\P\WEB\forseed\build\tmp
Installing plugin: org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf

check-plugin:
org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf is not available in the build dir

fetch-plugins-descriptors:
Fetching plugins descriptor: http://forrest.apache.org/plugins/plugins.xml
Getting: http://forrest.apache.org/plugins/plugins.xml
Error getting http://forrest.apache.org/plugins/plugins.xml to
C:\P\WEB\forseed\build\tmp\plugins-1.xml
Fetching plugins descriptor:
http://forrest.apache.org/plugins/whiteboard-plugins.xml
Getting: http://forrest.apache.org/plugins/whiteboard-plugins.xml
Error getting http://forrest.apache.org/plugins/whiteboard-plugins.xml to
C:\P\WEB\forseed\build\tmp\plugins-2.xml

            WARNING
            =======

            Unable to load plugin list number 1 from
http://forrest.apache.org/plugins/plugins.xml.
            Any plugins identified in this plugin list cannot be installed
            automatially, see further errors below.

            WARNING
            =======

            Unable to load plugin list number 2 from
http://forrest.apache.org/plugins/whiteboard-plugins.xml.
            Any plugins identified in this plugin list cannot be installed
            automatially, see further errors below.

unpack-plugin:

ERROR
=====

Unable to retrieve the org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf plugin.
There may be more information about the reason for this in output
above. The usual cause is that Forrest has been unable to download
the plugin descriptor file that indicates where this plugin is to be
downloaded from. If you are behind a firewall then set the proxy.host
and proxy.port values in the forrest.properties file.

You may also like to check the value of the
forrest.plugins.descriptors property in the forrest.properties file
and ensure that the locations indicated by that value are accessible
(note there should be no spaces in this property).

- cut
----------------

After I have set up the proxy details in the forrest.properties file, it run
successfully.
That is why I ask the question.

Possible workaround:
In the forrest output, the following row can be seen:

org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf is not available in the build dir

In the FORREST_HOME directory there is a "build" dir and a "plugins" dir
which contains pdf plugin. After I have copied the plugins dir into the
build dir, the static content could be compiled too. Is this the correct
workaround? Or, is this a correction of the directory structure redesign
error?

Thanks for help.
Best regards,

Petr Posik