forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: adding html content below menu
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 23:58:24 GMT
Rasik Pandey wrote:
> Hi Ross,
>
> Thanks. I will try to upgrade to 0.7 and give it a go. I'll be sure to
> share my findings when I try to tailor it for my needs.

That MOTD facility is rather limited. It is only meant for a small
snippet of text.

The other way is to use the "credit" elements in skinconf with
box-location="alt" which puts an image (not text) into that
whitespace. That is improved in 0.7 but still not for text.
Follow how it is implemented in the "pelt" stylesheets.
Perhaps you can tweak that to enable more than images.

In Forrest 0.8 there will be Views will will enable nuggets of
data to be placed in various page locations.

-David