forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest (svn head) war is crashing Tomcat upon restart
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 15:55:26 GMT
Sjur N?rsteb? Moshagen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having some problems with the present svn head (two days old): the
> war it creates installes fine in Tomcat when deployed through Tomcat's
> HTML Manager, and as long as Tomcat is running without interruption,
> there's no problem. But when restarted, Tomcat crashes severely. This
> happens only when the Forrest war is installed, without the Forrest
> war, there is no problem.
>
> Config:
> - (almost) latest Forrest svn

How almost?

> - Tomcat 5.5.9
> - Java 1.5_02
> - Win2k server
> - the forrest.properties and skinconf.xml files are based on a forrest
> seed several months ago

That sounds dangerous. When using the trunk, you should always keep
your config up-to-date. Not saying that this is the cause, but still.

Did this work for you before, or is this the first time that you
have tried to use Forrest as a war archive?

Do the Cocoon log files reveal anything?

Does a bare 'forrest seed war' work okay?

> Stacktrace attached below.
[ snipped]

I can't make much sense of the log sorry, but it looks like some
sort of log configuration problem. Whose?

-David