forrest-user mailing list archives

From Sean Hower <hokumh...@freehomepage.com>
Subject how's it look and some questions
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 04:45:41 GMT

Hi all.
I've gotten to a point in my site design where I'm comfortable showing what I have so far
for feedback. I've put up a bare skeleton of what will eventually be the completed site at:

http://hokum.freehomepage.com/site/index.html

I started with the forrest-site skin and modified it. I cleaned out some of the formatting
that was the xsl and put it into the css file. I figure there will have to be some tweaking
of styles and I want to do some testing with graphics turned off.

I do have a few questions.

1. I've set <trail location="none"> and left the links blank but the trail is still
appearing. Well, that's not entirely true, on my computer, they weren't showing up but they
showed up when I uploaded it. Any thoughts?

2. I've got the font-resize feature turned on but the buttons aren't showing up.

3. In Netscape, there's a gap between the Search box and the top of the tabs (you'll see what
I mean if you look). This gap isn't in IE. I'm assuming it's because of the spacer graphic
that's there. Any thoughts of fixing this or is this going to be one of those "browser conflict"
issues?

4. The XML files that Forrest is generating are using:
<!DOCTYPE document PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD Documentation V1.3//EN" "document-v13.dtd">.
This is giving me an error. My xdocs have a different doctype that doesn't give an error:
<!DOCTYPE document PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD Documentation V2.0//EN" "http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/document-v20.dtd">
Any thoughts on how to put the correct doctype into the XML output files?

I guess that's it for now.

Any suggestions and help are appreciated. The list has been very helpful so far.

Thanks.

Sean Hower - tech writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com