forrest-user mailing list archives

From The Web Maestro <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject TOC in FAQ
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 16:40:06 GMT
I'm having a problem generating the table of Contents for our FAQs
page[1], although all other pages contain generated TOCs at the top. I
checked the Forrest 0.6 Menus & Linking page[2], and it indicates that
skinconf.xml should include the element:

<toc level="2" location="page"/>

The value we have in our skinconf.xml file is:

<toc max-depth="2" min-sections="3" location="page"/>

Although what we have is different, this matches what Forrest appears
to have for its skinconf.xml file in SVN[3]. I tried switching to the
<toc level="2" location="page"/>, but I get an error that @level must
be declared. I suspect the Docs are incorrect for Forrest 0.6 (I did
make certain I'm running forrest-0.6):

[clay@WebMaestroClay17 xml-fop]$ which forrest
/Users/Shared/_WebDLs/_repos/apache-forrest-0.6/src/core/bin/forrest

FWIW, here's the DOCTYPE from my skinconf.xml file:

<!DOCTYPE skinconfig PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD Skin Configuration
V0.6-3//EN" "http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/skinconfig-v06-3.dtd">

I thought, perhaps the problem was related to the DOCTYPE for our
faq.xml:

<!DOCTYPE faqs PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD FAQ V1.1//EN"

"http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/xml-forrest/src/core/
context/resources/schema/dtd/faq-v12.dtd">

But again, the Forrest faq.xml file appears to have the same DOCTYPE.
faq.xml also appears to have the same structure. I'd rather not move to
the v20 DTD if possible.

[1] FAQ page w/o TOC
http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html
[2] Forrest Menus & Linking: TOC Generation
http://forrest.apache.org/0.6/docs/linking.html#toc-generation
[3] Forrest skinconf.xml file in SVN
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/forrest/trunk/site-author/
skinconf.xml?view=markup
[4] FOP skinconf.xml file in CVS
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-fop/src/documentation/
skinconf.xml?view=markup
[5] FOP faq.xml file in CVS
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-fop/src/documentation/content/
xdocs/faq.xml?view=markup

p.s. FYI, like FOP's Eyebrowse mailing list archives, Forrest's
Eyebrowse links appear to be non-functional. Currently, I see no way to
browse the forrest-user archives

Regards,

Web Maestro Clay
--