forrest-user mailing list archives

From The Web Maestro <>
Subject TOC in FAQ
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 16:40:06 GMT
I'm having a problem generating the table of Contents for our FAQs
page[1], although all other pages contain generated TOCs at the top. I
checked the Forrest 0.6 Menus & Linking page[2], and it indicates that
skinconf.xml should include the element:

<toc level="2" location="page"/>

The value we have in our skinconf.xml file is:

<toc max-depth="2" min-sections="3" location="page"/>

Although what we have is different, this matches what Forrest appears
to have for its skinconf.xml file in SVN[3]. I tried switching to the
<toc level="2" location="page"/>, but I get an error that @level must
be declared. I suspect the Docs are incorrect for Forrest 0.6 (I did
make certain I'm running forrest-0.6):

[clay@WebMaestroClay17 xml-fop]$ which forrest

FWIW, here's the DOCTYPE from my skinconf.xml file:

<!DOCTYPE skinconfig PUBLIC "-//APACHE//DTD Skin Configuration
V0.6-3//EN" "">

I thought, perhaps the problem was related to the DOCTYPE for our

But again, the Forrest faq.xml file appears to have the same DOCTYPE.
faq.xml also appears to have the same structure. I'd rather not move to
the v20 DTD if possible.

[1] FAQ page w/o TOC
[2] Forrest Menus & Linking: TOC Generation
[3] Forrest skinconf.xml file in SVN
[4] FOP skinconf.xml file in CVS
[5] FOP faq.xml file in CVS

p.s. FYI, like FOP's Eyebrowse mailing list archives, Forrest's
Eyebrowse links appear to be non-functional. Currently, I see no way to
browse the forrest-user archives

Web Maestro Clay
<> - <>
- HH The 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet