forrest-user mailing list archives

From The Web Maestro <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TOC in FAQ
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 15:54:43 GMT

On May 26, 2005, at 11:34 PM, David Crossley wrote:
> The Web Maestro wrote:
>> I don't believe we're using any special project-specific items except
>> for the compliance2*.xsl files in ViewCVS here:
>>
>> <http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-fop/src/documentation/
>> resources/
>> stylesheets/>
>>
>> As for the fop-specific sitemap.xmap file, I believe it's been
>> replaced
>> with the standard version from the Forrest distribution. IIRC, that's
>> one of the 'tricks' we took to making xml-fop work again.
>
> Are you sure that you don't use a sitemap.xmap file? I remember long
> discussions with you late last year on our dev list:
> "Subject: "xml-fop Build Failed". It involved using special sitemap
> matches to handle your special compliance2html document. IIRC you
> had it in your local working copy, but it wasn't in the FOP CVS.
> It would probably be at src/documentation/sitemap.xmap

Actually, I was a little off above. I think the way we got forrest to
generate xml-fop/build/site was to remove the FOP-specific sitemap.xmap
file (among other changes). Just the same, here're a couple of useful
commands I just ran from my xml-fop dir:

[clay@WebMaestroClay17 xml-fop]$ pwd
/Users/Shared/_WebDLs/_repos/xml-fop
[clay@WebMaestroClay17 xml-fop]$ ls src/documentation/
CVS.sandboxinfo  classes  cocoon.diff  content  resources  skinconf.xml
[clay@WebMaestroClay17 xml-fop]$

[clay@WebMaestroClay17 xml-fop]$ find . -iname sitemap.*
./build/webapp/WEB-INF/logs/sitemap.log
[clay@WebMaestroClay17 xml-fop]$ find . -iname *.xmap
[clay@WebMaestroClay17 xml-fop]$

> If you don't have a project sitemap then great, we can rule that out
> as a possible source of your FAQ ToC problem, and close FOR-507.

Sounds good. Go ahead and close the issue (I just tried to close it,
but I don't appear to have perms.)

>> FWIW, I just created a new Task/Issue in CocoonDev issues ([#FOR-507]
>> xml-fop *.xmap files). I've attached my $FORREST_HOME/context/*.xmap
>> files to the issue.
>
> No that doesn't help. There is no difference between those and
> the default forrest 0.6 core sitemaps. It was good to know that they
> haven't been changed, but i wasn't actually talking about the
> core sitemaps anyway, i was referring to a project-specific sitemap
> (discussed above).
>
> --David

As I expected. I thought I'd upload that just to be on the safe side.

>> I had a colleague try, and the TOC doesn't generate for him either...

FWIW, the 'colleague' was Jeremias.

Regards,

Web Maestro Clay
--