forrest-user mailing list archives

From The Web Maestro <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TOC in FAQ
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 15:26:32 GMT
On May 23, 2005, at 4:48 PM, The Web Maestro wrote:
> On May 23, 2005, at 4:22 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:
>> The Web Maestro wrote:
>>> Thanks... Yeah... what we have is what's shown in the skinconf.xml
>>> for a fresh 'seed' site:
>>> <toc max-depth="2" min-sections="3" location="page"/>
>>> Unfortunately, we remain with an FAQ page which doesn't generate a
>>> TOC.
>>> I'd suspect that somehow the faq.xml file is malformed, however I
>>> suspect that would generate a validate-xdocs error...
>>
>> For testing purposes try copying your faq.xml over the one in a seed
>> site and see if it works, also try copying the seed site faq into
>> your project directory. Does that work?
>>
>> This will at least help us to narrow down the problem.
>>
>> Ross
>
> Thanks for the suggestion! It looks like it works this way... (of
> course it gives errors for all the references to xml-fop pages ;-))...

Just to be clear, the FAQ generates a TOC when I copy the file faq.xml
to a fresh seed site's src/documentation/content/xdocs/faq.xml
location. I could then manually copy the 'content' to an empty page (so
I get the 'skin'), which is not preferred, but doable.

Regards,

Web Maestro Clay
--
<the.webmaestro@gmail.com> - <http://homepage.mac.com/webmaestro/>