forrest-user mailing list archives

From The Web Maestro <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TOC in FAQ
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 23:14:01 GMT
On May 4, 2005, at 7:26 PM, David Crossley wrote:
> The Web Maestro wrote:
>> I'm having a problem generating the table of Contents for our FAQs
>> page[1], although all other pages contain generated TOCs at the top. I
>> checked the Forrest 0.6 Menus & Linking page[2], and it indicates that
>> skinconf.xml should include the element:
>>
>> <toc level="2" location="page"/>
>>
>> The value we have in our skinconf.xml file is:
>>
>> <toc max-depth="2" min-sections="3" location="page"/>
>>
>> Although what we have is different, this matches what Forrest appears
>> to have for its skinconf.xml file in SVN[3]. I tried switching to the
>> <toc level="2" location="page"/>, but I get an error that @level must
>> be declared. I suspect the Docs are incorrect for Forrest 0.6 (I did
>> make certain I'm running forrest-0.6):
>
> The docs must be old. I suggest that you follow what is
> shown in the skinconf.xml for a fresh site, i.e. cd to a
> new directory, do 'forrest seed' and look at its skinconf.xml

Thanks... Yeah... what we have is what's shown in the skinconf.xml for
a fresh 'seed' site:

<toc max-depth="2" min-sections="3" location="page"/>

Unfortunately, we remain with an FAQ page which doesn't generate a TOC.

I'd suspect that somehow the faq.xml file is malformed, however I
suspect that would generate a validate-xdocs error...

Regards,

Web Maestro Clay
--
<the.webmaestro@gmail.com> - <http://homepage.mac.com/webmaestro/>