forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unrecognized file format
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 01:31:00 GMT
Sorry I have not responded, I have no idea what is happening here.

It seems strange that you say it works with "forrest run" but not with
the distributed version. This would imply that there was a problem with
the packaging of the war file. However, I do not understand why it is
only happening on one or two files.

Could I ask you to restate your problem again. That will help us to
refocus on the problem as so far I seem to have taken us down blind alleys.

Ross

Grandia, Gerco wrote:

>>>yet, we may come back to this.
>>>
>>>Agree, you never know. I will attach the sitemap, and the URL we are
>>>using and that's causing us trouble is
>>>http://rbtmain/docportal/vf-global-ue/downloads.html.
>>
>>I agree that it doesn't look like it's your sitemap getting in the way.

> available,
>
>>>if so a link to a problem page would help immensely.
>>>
>>>Unfortunately not, it's an intranet site. However, I the error
>
> message
>
>>>is listed below:
>>>Message: null
>>>Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
>>>Source: Cocoon Servlet
>>>Request URI: vf-global-ue/downloads.html
>>>Cause: Unrecognized file format.
>>>request-uri: /docportal/vf-global-ue/downloads.html
>>
>>What do you see in WEB-INF/logs/error.log?
>

> Nothing, although I have put the error logging to DEBUG, that doesn't
> seem to make a difference.
> In the stdout from tomcat I see the following message:
>
> INFO: ERROR   (2005-05-27) 14:37.30:421   [access  ]
> (/docportal/vf-global-ue/downloads.html)
> http-80-Processor24/CocoonServlet: Internal Cocoon Problem
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
> org.xml.sax.SAXException: Unrecognized file format.
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process
> XMLPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:542)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipe
> line.processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:166)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process
> (AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:478)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(
> SerializeNode.java:134)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
> invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:76)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ContainerNode.invoke(Containe
> rNode.java:38)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.CategoryNode.invokeByName(Cat
> egoryNode.java:66)
>

>>Ross
>>

> This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.
It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.
and inform the sender. Thank you.