forrest-user mailing list archives

From Maurice Lanselle <lanselle.als...@evc.net>
Subject Re: Java jre vs. jdk
Date Sat, 28 May 2005 18:33:05 GMT
Addi said the following on 28/05/2005 16:39:

> Hello,  I've a quick question.  I have Java's jre 1.5 on my machines
> and 0.6 worked fine, when I went to build 0.7 though, I couldn't get
> it to work until I installed jdk 1.5.  I assume this because I am
> using a dev version and building?  The docs (FAQ and the SVN docs)
> only say that it requires Java 1.4 with no indication as to whether
> the jre or jdk is desired.  Will the released version of 0.7 work with
> the jre?
>
> - Addi

Me too, exactly.  I started to download the JDK and balked at the size /
amount of disk space required.  I would like to try Eclipse, which seems
to only need a JRE.  Will I be able to build Forrest with Eclipse+JRE if
I don't install the JDK?  How soon will pre-built distributions of 0.7
be available?

Maurice