forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unrecognized file format
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 09:42:32 GMT
Grandia, Gerco wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> We're using Forrest for a couple of months now and we're quite happy
> with it, but lately we're getting 'Unrecognized file format' exceptions
> when retrieving certain pages. These pages work fine when I am using the
> in-built forrest web server, but on the production system (with Tomcat)
> it keeps on bugging me. I have searched the internet but found very
> little information about this, although it seems a common issue.
>
> Sorry if I am posting a Cocoon question here, but even if the only way
> to solve it is to upgrade to a newer version of Cocoon, then I still
> would like now how to do it, because the upgrade procedure described is
> Unix/Linux based and we are working on a Windows box.

We are going to need much more information that this.

Most importantly are you serving the site statically or dynamically?
(I assume dynamic since you mention Tomcat)

In addition it would help to know:

What kind of files are they?
What are they generated from?
Do you have any special processing on your system (i.e. a custom sitemap)?

Ross