forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sourcecode Indentation Using OpenOffice
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 21:36:25 GMT
Jan Ortmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm writing documents for my project site using OpenOffice (1.1.4) and
> the provided Forrest styles from the OpenOffice template, e.g.
> Forrest:Source for sourcecode.
> However I couldn't get a proper identation in the generated HTML and
> PDFs. I've tried to indent the code with tabs and with spaces. There is
> also no box around the sourcecode.
>
> I'm using Forrest 0.6. Any ideas?

The OOo support needs work. Can you help? Yes you can, by helping us
diagnose the problem and, if you have the skills and time providing a
patch once we've found the issue.

First, lets diagnose the problem. If you request filename.xml rather
than filename.html you will be shown the XDoc that Forrest generates
from your document. Can you do that and fee what your Forrest:source
content looks like. Post a snippet of the resulting code here if you can.

Note, in 0.7 the OOo stuff is migrating out to a plugin. This will make
it much easier to work with.

Ross