forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TOC in FAQ
Date Tue, 24 May 2005 15:30:08 GMT
The Web Maestro wrote:
> On May 23, 2005, at 4:48 PM, The Web Maestro wrote:

>>> For testing purposes try copying your faq.xml over the one in a seed
>>> site and see if it works, also try copying the seed site faq into
>>> your project directory. Does that work?
>>>
>>> This will at least help us to narrow down the problem.
>>>
>>> Ross
>>

>> Thanks for the suggestion! It looks like it works this way... (of
>> course it gives errors for all the references to xml-fop pages ;-))...
>

> Just to be clear, the FAQ generates a TOC when I copy the file faq.xml
> to a fresh seed site's src/documentation/content/xdocs/faq.xml location.
> I could then manually copy the 'content' to an empty page (so I get the
> 'skin'), which is not preferred, but doable.

If you faq.xml works in a seeded site then there must be some difference
between the fresh-site skinconf.xml and your sites skinconf.xml that is
preventing the TOC being generated.

Perhaps creating a diff between these two files will show the problem
(post it here if you can't see it, new eyes may help).

Ross