forrest-user mailing list archives

From Mark Eggers <>
Subject Re: Plugin error - no internet available
Date Sun, 22 May 2005 23:48:23 GMT
Addi wrote:

> I have installed the latest 0.7-dev snapshot on my linux laptop.  I
> did a forrest seed to create a Test site.  When I try to do forrest to
> build it, the build is failing because it cannot get plugins from
>  My laptop does not have any
> internet access, nor is it likely to anytime soon, so its not going to
> be able to download plugins.  Is there any way for me to download the
> plugin files and transfer them to the laptop?  Any other workarounds?
I don't know about the snapshot.  If you use subversion to check out the
current Forrest environment, you'll get a directory
$FORREST_HOME/plugins   In there, you should find the source to all of
the plugins.

You'll need ant from to build the plugins locally.

Once you have ant installed, just type ant in the plugins directory.
The default target is local-deploy, which is what you want.  The ant
script (build.xml) will prompt you for the name of the plugin.  Just
type the directory name of the plugin you wish to install, and ant will
build it and deploy it locally.

I typically do an svn update, build clean, build, cd to the plugins and
then ant local-deploy each plugin.  I wish there was an easier way of
building and deploying all of the plugins.  Maybe that's a good
candidate for an enhancement suggestion.  Since the plugins exist in the
subversion checkout, maybe the main build script could check for the
plugins and build them locally (or as a separate ant task).

I just checked the latest version of the snapshot, and all the plugins
are in there as well.  Just cd to $FORREST_HOME/plugins and run ant for
each of the plugins.

Hope this helps.

View raw message