forrest-user mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoiri...@pcotech.fr>
Subject Re: Why is default start page fixed on index.html?
Date Mon, 02 May 2005 07:44:07 GMT
Ross Gardler a écrit :

> Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
>
>> Looking at the client-server dialog when asking for localhost:8888 I
>> found that a
>>
>> get /
>>
>> is replied to by
>>
>> HTTP/1.x 302 Moved Temporarily
>> Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:48:41 GMT
>> Server: Jetty/4.2.19 (Windows XP/5.1 x86 java/1.4.2_02)
>> Transfer-Encoding: chunked
>> Location: http://localhost:8888/index.html
>>
>> So is this a problem of jetty rather than Forrest?
>

> Again, I don't think this is a "problem" it is standard for web
> servers to default to index.html.

It is not standard for Web servers to default to index.html but a
configuration :
In my Apache Server :

#
# DirectoryIndex: Name of the file or files to use as a pre-written HTML
# directory index.  Separate multiple entries with spaces.
#
<IfModule mod_dir.c>
    DirectoryIndex *index.html index.htm index.php3 index.php*
</IfModule>

Which means : if the URL is a directory :

    * try to load index.html,
    * if it does not exist, try to load index.htm,
    * if it does not exist, try to load index.php3,
    * if it ...

> If you want to change it then you need to override the redirect that
> is in the forrest sitemap.xmap file by creating your own project sitemap.

OK, but the problem is many skins - such as pelt if I remember - use
"index.html" string in tests to generate xhtml - such as the credits or
some other features.
It would have been nice to use the project.start-uri property or
something like this.

Regards,
Cyriaque,