forrest-user mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Plugin error - no internet available
Date Sun, 22 May 2005 23:37:32 GMT
Addi wrote:
> I have installed the latest 0.7-dev snapshot on my linux laptop.  I did
> a forrest seed to create a Test site.  When I try to do forrest to build
> it, the build is failing because it cannot get plugins from
> http://forrest.apache.org/plugins/.  My laptop does not have any
> internet access, nor is it likely to anytime soon, so its not going to
> be able to download plugins.  Is there any way for me to download the
> plugin files and transfer them to the laptop?  Any other workarounds?

The system should have reported the workaround to you.
Look at the messages provided, when you do either 'forrest run'
or 'forrest site'. Essentially, you need to manually download and
install each plugin that you require.

We definitely need to add those notes to the document
http://forrest.apache.org/0.7/docs/plugins/usingPlugins.html

--David