forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to debug your code (Re: How to adjust width of menu page for long labels)
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 21:57:15 GMT
On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 22:57 +0200, Ferdinand Soethe wrote:

> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
> TS> Always do a "forrest clean" in your project to start from new. That will
> TS> delete the build/ ;-)
>
> TS> When you then do a "forrest" and the problem is still there check your
> TS> config.
>
> Thanks. I would not have tried that because I did not expect to have a
> change in CSS change the number or names of files generated.
>
> And even if it did, the new page should/would only load the
> stylesheets that Forrest knew about when generating the new pages. So
> what good would a clean do here?

Sometimes files does got not overridden because they are not generated
anymore with the new configuration. With forrest clean you make sure you
have all files that the new config will produce (and only those!).

Besides that you are *deleting* the build! That gets rid of files that
may influence your current code.

> Btw: While I was testing I was using jetty ...

:) ok I do something like

forrest clean;forrest run

to start my project. If I change something and the change does not
appear, I *instantly* kill the process and start it again.

When developing pluings I do

ant clean;ant local-deploy;forrest run

...BTW I am *always* doing ctrl+r (mozilla) in my browser to force a
refresh of a page. That is sometimes the simplest solution when working
with css in forrest. ;-)

> --
> Ferdinand Soethe

salu2