forrest-user mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject How to debug your code (Re: How to adjust width of menu page for long labels)
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 20:50:08 GMT
On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 22:14 +0200, Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> myself wrote:
>
> >> Thanks. I found these too. First problem is that while I can change
> >> the width using EditCSS online, inserting a custom CSS with a higher
> >> width will not change the looks of the page.
> >>
> >> Second problem is that you also need to move the rounded corners and I
> >> haven't figured out how they are positioned yet.
>
> Well well, it seems that sometimes Forrest just needs a bit of
> attention from you guys for problems to heal themselves. Or - more
> likely - the problem was 40 cm in front of the screen.
>
> Anyway, reloading the server with the skinconf.xml to do some further
> experiment my menu all of a sudden shows up with the desired width AND
> those corners were in the right place.

Always do a "forrest clean" in your project to start from new. That will
delete the build/ ;-)

When you then do a "forrest" and the problem is still there check your
config.

Change a small thing that will have a visible change in your config.

forrest clean
forrest

If you can see your changes but not the css changes then you may check
the css code again. ;-)

I personally like more to do everything with "forrest run" because it is
copyless I can edit the src and the changes are visible.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"