forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <samm...@soethe.net>
Subject Re: Introduction of XHTML?
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2005 05:38:16 GMT

Ross Gardler wrote:

RG> It is a policy of the Forrest team to try not to break backward
RG> compatibility.

Yes, I realized that from past messages in this forum.

RG> Occasionally this is not possible. But usually it is.

Exactly the reason I wanted to make sure.

RG> In this case you could consider using the XHTML subset we have defined
RG> now. We already support it as an input format, it's just that we don't
RG> use it internally yet. This will save you having to retrain folk in the

This sounds interesting. So this subset is currently transformed to
document-vxx before it gets skinned. And it is probably not a
plug-in (since I found none that looked like it) but a build-in
feature.

Only questions remaining is: Where is the grammar for this XHTML
subset defined. I saw only the general xhtml-dtds in
...\main\webapp\resources\schema.

Thanks,
Ferdinand Soethe