forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Why is default start page fixed on index.html?
Date Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:53:10 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Trying to better understand the structure of site.xml I reduced it to
> an absolute minimum of
>
> <site label="MyProj" href="intro.html" xmlns="http://apache.org/forrest/linkmap/1.0"
tab="">
> </site>
>
> and expected Forrest to open intro.xml without menus or tabs.
> Instead I got the following error
>

>>Request URI
>>
>>index.html
>>
>>cause
>>
>>No pipeline matched request: index.xml
>>
>>request-uri
>>
>>/index.html
>

> Anybody know why?
> Problem remains when I try
>
> <site label="MyProj" href="intro.html" xmlns="http://apache.org/forrest/linkmap/1.0"
tab="">
>   <about label="About" href="intro.html"/>
> </site>

Cocoon has to know where to start working, by default it starts at
index.html. It is configurable somewhere, but I can't remember where.
Someone else will speak up I hope.

> and will disappear only when I place an index.xml in the xdocs
> directory.
>
> So why does Forrest want index.html. Is this a bug?

No, a "feature". Since the vast majorty of web servers are set up to
default to index.html it would seem like a very logical choice, and
since it *can* be configured where necessary I wouldn't see it as a bug.

Ross