forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Text of menu items spills over into the page area when increasing text size ...
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2005 22:59:44 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Jonathan Sidarous wrote:
>
> JS> If you click it enough times, you can get anything on the
> JS> table of contents to spill over into the page text area. I'm not
> JS> sure that you could keep it all within the color background of the
> JS> TOC without eventually becoming unreadable.
>
> I agree. But increasing size is a major feature for visually impaired
> people and they often need to increase the size quite a bit to read a
> page.

Accessibility should be a major consideration for a tool like Forrest.
And this is an important point.

On a slightly off topic note, since you mention visually impaired users,
I keep thinking a cool feature for Forrest would be a "voice"
representation of Forrest content. That is generate a version of the
content to drive a voice synthesiser. Does anyone have any experience of
the relevant technologies?

> So how to deal with that? For now having the menu area grow with the
> font size might help.

I'm not sure if that can be easily done with the current skinning
system, perhaps Thorsten can provide a hint.

Ross