forrest-user mailing list archives

From Dave Brondsema <d...@brondsema.net>
Subject Re: svn access
Date Sun, 17 Apr 2005 03:32:27 GMT
Kevin wrote:

> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>> Kevin wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I was ok using
>>>
>>> svn checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk forrest
>>>
>>> a while back.
>>>
>>> I'm ok with snapshots and pasting updates from viewcvs at the moment.
>>>
>>> Though could someone point me to the new repos/asf?
>>

>> There is no new repos. That is still the correct URL. What makes you
>> think it has gone away?
>

> Sorry, maybe it's my old svn client, I'll check the error again.
>
> What made me think it had gone away was I tried
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/
>
> and got 404, I tried

That's what it's supposed to do, since the URL doesn't say which repo to
use.

> http://svn.apache.org/
>
> and saw a 'repository' directory but with no 'forrest' sub-dir

The SVN 'repos' "directory" is not listed, even though it exists and
works (assuming you provide a repo name too).

The 'repository' directory is unrelated to SVN repositories, despite the
similar name.

> I should have tested with
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/
>
> I guess repos/asf is an Apache config alias or some redirect?

That URL is for the the ASF repository, which is the main one the Apache
Software Fdtn uses.  No alias or redirect.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.splike.com : programming