forrest-user mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Introduction of XHTML?
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:41:47 GMT
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Thanks. Now I can safely train people to use document-v20 and wait
> for xhtml to come along and turn into a stable implementation.

It is a policy of the Forrest team to try not to break backward
compatibility. Occasionally this is not possible. But usually it is.

In other words, you can safely train folk up to use Forrest today, safe
in the knowledge that we will at worst provide a migration path in the
future.

In this case you could consider using the XHTML subset we have defined
now. We already support it as an input format, it's just that we don't
use it internally yet. This will save you having to retrain folk in the
future.

Ross